- Diffusers & Accessories
- Koru Oils Olfactory Training Kit - Phase I: Smell Recovery
Koru Oils Olfactory Training Kit - Phase I: Smell Recovery
Like physiotherapy for your nose - you can reteach yourself how to smell.
Koru Oils has created a Smell Kit (Olfactory Training Kit) that consists of smelling four different essential oils that belong to different odor families twice a day to assist in recovery from smell loss (Anosmia) and smell distortion (Parosmia), both common side effects of Covid-19.
The technique of olfactory training is based on the fact that the nerve affecting our sense of smell, the olfactory nerve, has the ability to regenerate. Exercising the olfactory nerve may strengthen it. It aims to help recovery based on neuroplasticity - the brain's ability to reorganize itself to compensate for a change or injury.1
Koru Oils Olfactory Training Kit - Phase I: Smell Recovery Ingredients:
- FRUITY : LEMON Inhaler Ingredients - Organic Lemon (Citrus limon)
- FLORAL : ROSE Inhaler Ingredients - Rose (Rosa damascena)
- SPICY : CLOVE Inhaler Ingredients - Organic Clove (Syzygium aromaticum)
- RESINOUS : EUCALYPTUS Inhaler Ingredients - Wild Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus)
*Koru Oils uses Authentic Essential Oils in all of our products, including our Olfactory Training Kits.
Here's how to use your Olfactory Training Kit:
- Pick one inhaler and hold the container under your nose and breathe slowly and deeply for 15 seconds. For most people the aromas of LEMON, ROSE, CLOVE, and EUCALYPTUS are familiar in their memory. Visualizing and trying to remember what each aroma smells like while performing these exercises will help.
- Take a break for 10-15 seconds.
- Repeat with the next aroma until they have all been sampled.
- Repeat this process twice daily.
The benefits attained by each individual can be quite different and the time it takes to achieve them will vary. It is important to practice these exercises twice daily to get the best results. Each Smell Kit is designed to retain aroma for up to 3 months when used 2x/day. Be sure to close each tube securely after each session. We suggest replacing your Koru Oils Smell Kit every 2-3 months to allow for the greatest aromatherapeutic experience as you retrain your olfactory system. Inhaler tube colors may vary with each kit.
If you prefer the aromas of GRAPEFRUIT, LAVENDER, CINNAMON, and PEPPERMINT or if you are ready to move on to Phase II of your recovery, check out Koru Oils Olfactory Training Kit - Phase II: Advanced Recovery
*These Statements Have Not Been Evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.